Zaghen Polder ecological reconstruction of Romania/Ukraine Danube Delta cross-border Biosphere Reservation.
The project environmental objective is the revegetation of wet area for the recovery of bioversity.
THE ECOLOGICAL RECONSTRUCTIONS PROJECT INVOLVES:
- Restauration of 140 ha water surface
- Creating of 47 ha refuge areas
- Restoration of 3.3 km connecting channel with Danube River
- Danube river and Zaghen pumping stations upgrading
- Assembling of 170 m by-pass line with 800 mm diameter
- Restauration of 5.5 km dam on N-W, Northern and S-E side of the lake
- Unclogging of 500 m channel on Tulcea valley
- Assembling the waste retaining grill
The project is defined by improving biological diversity, natural habitats, flora species and wild fauna in an area of 200 ha, within Tulcea built-up areas, part of the Danube Delta Biosphere Reservation.